Tuesday, August 4, 2009

POETRY CORNER

THIS IS A POEM I WROTE A WHILE AGO...IT SEEMS TO BE MY MOST POPULAR ONE SO I WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH Y'ALL....

WRONG PERSON

I was mad at the wrong person. I stepped to her instead of him. Just like most women do. Believing all that shit he told me was true.

Falling in love with the idea of being in love,

I dove right in and started to begin to pretend that he and I were more than just friends.

I got it in my mind that he was all mine and all this time I was being blind,

to the fact that he and I were just friends.

Nothing more.

I fell to floor when I opened the door and saw the man I adore giving my love to some whore, and I couldn't ignore what was going on anymore.

I lost it.

Instead of stepping to him I stepped to her

because in my mind it was her fault, she knew what she was doing, at least that's what I thought so I had no problem with the fact that she and I fought because it was she that got caught, not he.

He's just a man.

She used what she knew to break threw what I thought was unbreakable cause in my mind he and I were together through and through but unknowingly he looked at me as just a piece of ass he could do whenever he wanted to.

So I jumped over the bed grabbed that bitch by her head and as I was kicking her ass I made sure I said, "You fucked with the wrong man," then that bitch screamed "I don't understand," he then grabbed my other hand and held me down as hard as he can and said, "What the fuck are you doing?" "Are you out your fucking mind?"

I looked at him with tears in my eyes and said "baby how could you lie? To me. Baby it's me. How could you? I did everything for you. I bent over backwards for you. I did shit I said I would never do for you. I gave my full self to you. How could you?"

He then replied, "You did what you wanted to. I ain't in love with you."

My eyes continued to swell up with tears, I began to realize my worst fears, that the man I held so dear, didn't give a shit about me.

He only looked out for he.

And the funny thing is she, had no idea he looked at her the same way he did me.

As just a friend.

Even though he did wrong,

I was in the wrong.

I did what most women do.

I gave love thinking it would get me love and fell in love with the idea of being in love and made love because I thought he was in love as much as I was in love and used love as an escape from love because I wasn't really ready for love but believed I was in love because I wanted his love.

I was made at the wrong person.

I shouldn't be mad at he or she.

I should be mad at me.

1 comment: